Monday 28 June 2010

Meet Amalia, Spencer's Sister


My Special Friend Bethany May

At the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, unfortunately there are loads of children from babies to teenagers who are fighting cancer on the children's ward. From the people I met there is one special little girl who really sticks out. That little girl is Bethany May. When I first met Bethany May I couldn't resist falling in love with her. The wierd and sad thing is cancer attacts the most nicest people who really don't deserve it. To me, Bethany is the little sister I never had.

One of the main events I remember with Bethany was when me, mum, dad, Bethany and Bethany's mum and dad Katie and Ben, went to the Emily Ash Holiday Home in Hastings. It was great! We went to Camber Sands and me, Bethany and Ben climbed sand dunes, it was so much fun. Bethany loves playing with dolls, so throughout the holiday, I helped look after "Baby Annabel".

A few weeks after the holiday, I received a parcel in the post, I had no idea what it was, I opened it and it said " To my very special friend Amalia" It continued by saying" just a little memento of a wonderful week, special memories for ever and ever. Thankyou for looking after me and taking extra care of Baby Annabel for me Lots of Love Bethany xxxx" When I read this, I started to cry, it was full of wonderful photographs and memories I will cherish for ever and ever!

When I met Bethany she was very shy and very very ill from cancer, but now she's on the mend. We still desparately need money for research, into neuroblastoma, so please make take time to go to Bethany's website http://www.bethanymay.com/

Love Amalia


This is the letter, Amalia wrote to Spencer and placed it in his coffin.

Thankyou for being such a joy to us. You have brought us so many memories, like when you thought there was a fire and stopped at the door and yelled "everybody get out, theres a fire"! (It wasn't a fire alarm he heard but our plumber upstairs using a drill!) Even though you yelled at me, you were still an AMAZING brother! It was really funny when you kissed your guns and said "chicks love it, nurses love it better"!
You are awesome and I will always love and miss you.


Amalia 07/01/08



No comments:

Post a Comment